…now if I could only get it to pay the bills.
I bet a lot of you writers out there have been saying, “You know, all the time spent writing and editing, second guessing, listening to crappy advice and ignoring same, the angst about submissions, not getting paid for my work, and possibly writing for no one’s pleasure but mine and my mother’s, it’s all been totally worth it!”
Well, now you know that you’re not alone. According to YahooNews a survey has placed “author” in the ranking as one of the most satisfying jobs:
Across all occupations, on average 47 percent of those surveyed said they were satisfied with their jobs and 33 percent reported being very happy.
Here are the Top 10 most gratifying jobs and the percentage of subjects who said they were very satisfied with the job:
* Clergy—87 percent percent
* Firefighters—80 percent percent
* Physical therapists—78 percent percent
* Authors—74 percent
* Special education teachers—70 percent
* Teachers—69 percent
* Education administrators—68 percent
* Painters and sculptors—67 percent
* Psychologists—67 percent
* Security and financial services salespersons—65 percent
* Operating engineers—64 percent
* Office supervisors—61 percent
Yep, there we are, stuck between Physical Therapists and Special Education Teachers. That just about says it all, doesn’t it?